This is a combined register description and information document for Urho Tuominen Group customers, potential customers and website users in accordance with Sections 10 and 24 of the Personal Data Protection Act (523/1999) and Articles 12 and 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (679/2016).
Updated 14th December, 2021
Thank you for your interest in our services. To implement the service, we need a few information about your company and your company’s contact persons. We process this information like our own: we want to be worthy of your trust. In this privacy statement, we strive to explain as openly and transparently as possible how we process your data. Take your time and be boldly in touch if you have any questions.
Urho Tuominen Group:
- Urho Tuominen Oy (0143919-7), Finland
- UTU Oy (1707453-2), Finland
- UTU Automation Oy (0108443-4), Finland
- UTU Norge AS, Norway
- UTU Powel OÜ, Estonia
- UTU POWEL SIA, Latvia
- UTU UAB, Lithuania
Ahjontie 1, 28400 Ulvila, Finland
2. Contact persons in matters relating to the register
Marketing and customer register:
Marketing and Communications Manager.
+358 50 371 3818, email:
3. Name of the register
Urho Tuominen Group (company) – Customer and marketing register
4. Purpose of processing personal data
The purpose of the register is to manage and develop the company’s customer relationships, to provide services, to develop and plan its business, marketing, new customer acquisition, opinions and market research and customer communications.
5. Data content of the register
The register may contain the following information:
- contact information (first and last name, telephone number and email) and any information prohibiting direct marketing
- the status of the person in the organisation and the name, business ID and address of the organisation, website addresses and other contact information
- information on goods/services ordered, billing information and other information related to orders
- registering and attending events, information on newsletter subscriptions and other marketing conferences
- profiling data collected using cookies and other similar technologies
6. Regular data sources
The customer’s information is regularly obtained from the customer himself or herself by phone, internet, e-mail or other similar means, and verified by means of a so-call “customer”. customer form (contract, consent, legitimate interest). The information of potential customers is obtained with consent in connection with a call for quotes, personal or digital interactions.
7. Regular disclosures of data
The information is not regularly disclosed outside the company. Information may be disclosed to the company’s partners if it is necessary for the provision of services (processing is based on legitimate interest) or as a result of marketing activities carried out in cooperation (processing is based on consent). We have ensured that our service providers comply with data protection legislation.
8. Transfer of data outside the EU or EEA
The data will not be disclosed outside the EU or the European Economic Area.
9. Principles of registry security
Manual material: There is no manual material.
Electronic material: The processing of the register is carried out with care and the data processed using information systems is properly protected. The register can only be used by individuals with personal usernames and passwords.
10. Rights of the data subject
Contacts related to the data subject’s rights must be sent in writing: email@example.com. The controller will respond to the contact within the prescribed time limit.
The Company may refuse to carry out the request on the basis of the applicable law.
- Right of inspection
The data subject has the right to inspect the data stored in the register concerning him or her. Contacts concerning the right of inspection must be made in written and signed form. The data subject may require the correction of incorrect personal data or the supplementing of incomplete data.
- Right of objection
The data subject has the right to object to the processing of their personal data.
- Prohibition of direct marketing
The data subject has the right to prohibit the controller from processing data concerning him or her for the purposes of direct advertising, distance selling and other direct marketing, market and opinion polls.
- Right of removal
The data subject has the right to request the deletion of personal data concerning him or her from the register.
- Right of appeal
The data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Officer.
For more information, www.tietosuoja.fi.
11. Data retention
As a rule, we process data for as long as is necessary to manage the customer contract. Personal data is stored for marketing purposes, as a rule, during the period of validity of the customer relationship. Material classified as accounting and supporting documents is retained for a statutory period.
12. Other rights related to the processing of personal data and register management
The Urho Tuominen Group exercises decision-making powers concerning the register as the registrar.
The person responsible for the register decides:
- the use of the register, the definition of data content and purpose, the granting of access rights and the exercise of the right of access, the correction of data and the disclosure of data;
- on systemic maintenance of the registry
- protection, archiving and destruction of the register
- appointing other persons responsible for the register and their tasks
- updating the register description
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you wish, you can modify your browser settings and at any time disable cookies. You can avoid cookies by modifying and denying access to your browser settings.